AVEL water pumps use the most sophisticat?ed technologies in friction and sealing.
The AVEL water pumps spindles are inte-grated units with two rows of rolling elements with main characteristics below:
- Low after- mounting clearance especially adapted to reduce axial
vibrations of rotating elements (spindle, impeller, mechanical seal).
- High load axial and radial capacity.
- Increased radial load carrying capacity when using row of rollers
instead of balls as rolling element in one row, when water pump
is driven by a tight belt.
Mechanical seal performance depends mainly on the parameters below:
- Quality of components
- Material and manufacturing quality of seal parts.
- Clearance, radial and axial quality of rota?tion of the water pump spindle.
- Each components resistance to wear con-sidering the aggressive
environment in witch they run.
The purpose of cooling system is to transfer excess engine heat.The water pump provides constant circulation of the coolant through the cooling system.
Two types of arrangement can be found:
a. The water pump (1) is one of accessories
driven by multi V-belt (2) (picture 1).
b. The water pump (1) is directly
driven by the timing belt (3) (picture 2).
In both cases replacing the water pump, we dismount multi V-belt (2) or timing belt (3).
To improve engine reliability, we suggest always to replace the belt and the belt tension?er pulleys along with the water pump.
Water pump reliability depends mainly on the technology and performance of their bear?ing, the echanical seal and the impeller.
Automotive Parts and Protection Equipment Manufacturing
AVEL d.o.o., Nazorjeva ulica 15, 6310 Izola, Slovenia, T: +386 5 6421630, M: +386 41 733125, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, E: email@example.com, I: www.avel.si